ReMiss Me

I feel remiss in not posting more regularly lately. I'm way under last year's posts to date, and last year I wrote maybe half the posts of the year before, my first year blogging. Still, I don't like posting without photos and I like to keep this blog primarily art related. Maybe I've run out of things to say, or perhaps I've just become more selective! It's just one of those times, I suppose.

The fabric here is from my last print storm of several weeks ago. See the other fabrics here. This was a piece of garishly dye painted muslin that I overprinted twice with thickened dyes. It'll probably be until mid-July before I do another round of surface design, and I think I'm going to focus on monoprinting then.

Meanwhile, I completed Fiberactions' Memory quilt this week and I'm real happy with it. It turned out better than I'd imagined. Look for it to be posted here and on Fiberactions' blog on July 15.

I'm working on the first of three bigger (for me) quilts with digital images...in fact, hoping to complete it this weekend before moving right into the second one. I have the next five days to make as much art as possible. I put in a bunch of time early this week tweaking our two new websites at work -- Sequoia Humane Society and Woofstock -- so I earned tomorrow off! Love those long, long weekends.

So I'm hoping to have more to share here in the next day or two. Thanks so much for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment