A Day At The Beach

This week's little quilt, 8/52.2009 ~ A Day At The Beach.

I've had the beach on my mind this week, as I've been working on a 14" x 16" quilt project for a local art quilt group I recently joined. Each of us is doing a quilt to represent some aspect of life in Humboldt County. My theme is the ocean or the beach. I had an idea in mind for the project quilt, and that inspired me to make this week's little quilt on the same theme.

But after I printed some photo images on fabric for the bigger piece, I decided against the original design because I like better how the little piece turned out. So the bigger one is back on the drawing board again. I have a few different photo images in mind and have already manipulated them, so now I'm just deciding on how big to print them.

A Day At The Beach has the binding turned to the back this time. I.E., I made the top bigger than the backing and batting, then turned it to the reverse and hand stitched it. This was a little bit of a challenge because of the numerous layers of fabric on some of the edges. Next time I do this I'll make the face even bigger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment