Weekly Success

6/52.2009 ~ Abstraction Here's my sixth weekly quilt -- 6/52.2009 ~ Abstraction. The front/top of this piece is entirely digital images, two actually. The strips on the left side and top are the other half of the image that I used in yesterday's quilt, Discharge Series, 5. This image was printed on an old linen napkin. The larger image on the quilt above was printed on cotton/rayon, one of my favorite fabrics. It quilted really nicely, as well. Other than using the two digital images, what I did differently on this weekly piece was add machine quilting to the binding after it was hand stitched in place.

Looks like we're in for some rain between tonight and Friday. We sure need it. I miss falling asleep at night listening to rain on the roof. I haven't heard enough of that this year -- yet. Weather patterns can change on a dime. And we've had very rainy springs some years. So who knows what's to follow, this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment