Pack Rat-ism

Well, I never considered myself a Pack Rat before, but I'm rethinking that. In my own seemingly small ways, I qualify for the club...

I have groovey stationery that's been around since that word was in vogue...books that I was sure I'd get to again or perhaps for the first time, some dating back 20-25 years...clothes I'm sure I'll wear again, even though I haven't worn them in a dozen years...my sacred collection of cute greeting cards purchased specifically to save -- for what? -- old journals from times past that I really don't want to read about again...photos of people who's memory I'd rather not keep...cool art papers I still haven't used but have been schlepping around for up to 20 years...framed pictures I don't have on the walls...old calendars with wonderful flower photographs...

Oh, then there's my collection of shopping bags from neat stores (Nordstrom being one of them, although I'm presently 250 miles from the nearest one)...periodicals and magazines I haven't referred to in 10 years although I thought I might again (Garden Design, Ornament, others)...

Well, you get the picture. OUT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment