A Break From Artmaking

I can't believe I'm really doing this, but I've put a major move in motion. In this moment, I'm in a lot of fear. But I know it will pass. I just have to remember that I really can't afford to live here anymore, and that's reality. When I get overcome with fear, groking practical reality is a good thing. Helps to clear the mind.

I did want to show you this piece of art cloth I made a couple years ago, in a felting class. This was my only exposure to felting and I'm sure I have more in my future. Probably more for me than for you, though, I feel I need to post this photo as a sign of my intention to get back to artmaking ASAP. So here it is...

Nuno felt piece

So my days right now are being filled with sorting through things, posting and selling books and CDs, photographing and posting at craigslist a variety of other things I have to sell, gathering together stuff for a yard sale later this month. What amazes me is that once I begin to let go, all that stuff that I thought I needed to have loses its hold on me. It has no meaning anymore. And I wonder why I've held on for so long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment