Magazines

Most of the magazines I've gravitated to on my journey have been non-commercial, by and large. I really hate the mass media magazines with their tear-out advertising offers, multiple subscription blanks, sometimes unrelated come-ons, and the worst of the bunch, those scent strips that smell up your whole house the minute the magazine is brought in. There were some publishers that would offer to send you scent-free editions but that, I believe, is a thing of the past. At least the last time I checked, it wasn't possible. So I unsubscribed.

Anyhow, the periodicals I've taken have generally been art or garden related, or Buddhist. But I've decided to let these all go. If anyone is interested in any of the following magazines, contact me by email and I'll give you a price you probably won't be able to refuse -- shipping additional, of course.

  • Bead & Button and Beadwork (many years of these since I ordered numerous back issues when I started subscribing; all issues are from the 1990s)
  • Garden Design (one year of this, 1998-99)
  • Shambhala Sun (including a couple issues of Tricycle thrown in; recent issues)
  • Ladies Home Journal Needle & Craft (hasn't been published since the late 1970's but has wonderful home crafts, knitting, crochet, embroidery, etc. designs -- I've got several years of these)
  • American Home Craft (same genre, same timeframe as the Ladies Home Journals, above)
  • Country Living Gardener (I've got a couple years of this, from the mid-1990s)
  • Threads (six issues only, from possibly 15 years ago)
  • Quilters Newsletter Magazine (six issues from about 10 years ago)
  • Ornament (many years of this; many of the issues have had wearable art photos removed but still have tons of incredible jewelry designs, historical and ethnic articles about personal adornment; issues are largely from the 1990s)

I am, of course, holding on to my FiberArts, Handwoven, SpinOff, Knitters, and Vogue Knitting.

Anyhow, I'm on my way to the recycling center, again! Another Jeep-load of paper to let go of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment