It's A Mystery

I wove and stitched this test piece early this week, with strips from the edges of collages that I've been using in books.  Not sure what this will become, if anything.  But it's inspiring pinned to my design wall.

Yesterday I completed the first step on my project for Fiberactions' 10+ color challenge...and I love what I've come up with.  I'm going to let things marinate for a few days before moving on with it.

Re: designing projects, I've never been one to spend a lot of time noodling things out in a sketchbook.  I'm such a visual, that I'll preview different scenarios and solutions in my head before deciding how to proceed.  This has always worked for me.  I'm not good at translating what I see in my mind through my hand onto paper.  Which is another reason I don't draw. 

We're in the midst of a huge rainstorm on the North Coast -- I don't think it stopped raining for more than a few minutes yesterday before pouring again.  I need to go outside and check on my storage shed...it leaks, although not from the ceiling like you'd imagine.  No, this Rubbermade thing leaks from the floor, go figure.  And it's not even standing right on the ground.  I've had every crack and join on the roof sealed and in the past taped up vertical door jambs etc., and still, it leaks.  It gathers pools of water in two places.  Beyond siphoning out the water between rains with a turkey baster, I've got everything of value OFF the floor, and to the extent possible everything standing on the floor is plastic or rubbermade.  I've got my own Mystery Spot. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment