Life's Short ~ Use Your Best Stuff

A variety of things to share this morning.  First, this ecodyed hand-pieced quilt I'm working on, covering it completely with running stitches.  I'm about three-quarters finished; I've been working on it for a couple of weeks.  Finished size will be 23 x 26 inches.


These are photo cards that I'm creating to use in my Shabby Journal.  Since I don't get out and about much these days, I've been enjoying using images of the books and journals I'm making.  I print the image on matte photo paper, then cut it down a bit, place it on a piece of cardstock (pattern facing to the back), add a few other paper doodads then stitch it all together.  Some have room to write on.  All will be slipped into the numerous pockets and flaps in the journal.  I'm actually thinking about making a book of wonky cards like these.

Finally, about using your best supplies ~ I haven't knit in nearly a year so it was time to start a new project.  I'm making a wide scarf out of my most favorite hand dyed, hand spun silk hankie yarn.  The color is a bit more pea green than it appears in the photo, with flecks of aqua and yellow orange.  One of several batches of yarn I spun in a tropical colorway.

I'm slow knitting, savoring every stitch I knit with as much joy as each yard I spun several years ago.  The yarn is so fine that in some sections a single ply resembles spider silk.  I'm using two two-ply strands together on size 4 needles.  I'm really enjoying this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment