Mod Squad

This was the final exercise in lesson six and the end of the class.  The challenge was to create a modular painting based on an earlier work in the class.  I chose the two 9 x 9 inch pieces below for my inspiration.  The modules above are each 5-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches.  The idea of modular piece is that it is one piece of art made up of smaller units.  Although they could be rearranged.

I did nine small pieces, my original thinking being that I would create a nine-patch modular painting.  But I pulled out from the batch the three I liked the least.  What I like best about the six above is their simplicity.  Oh, and the colorway.

Don't forget about the Giveaway happening now.  
Leave a comment to enter every day until the drawing, if you like.  Full details here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment