Color Journal

A few months ago I made this journal as part of Mary Ann Moss's Full Tilt Boogie online class.  The cover came from a spiral-bound journal I had had for years, which I subsequently tore apart because the paper inside wasn't good for much of anything.  The inner pages of the new journal are vintage cardboard and paper photo album pages.  I knew I wasn't going to use them for photos, and I figured one day I'd decide how to use the journal.  Late last week I had the inspiration.

There are 12 page surfaces inside ~ what better than to fill each one as an ode to one of the 12 colors on the color wheel.  So I began with yellow...






The paper inside the back cover is what I had left of several pieces of newsprint that 22 years ago I used underneath a scarf I painted.  The scarf was too dark to begin with and I tossed it.  The blotting paper rocked, though, and I kept it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment