Color Fields

Two color-field pieces from last week.  The piece on top is 8 inches square.  The one below is a 6 x 4 inch postcard.

Lately I've been cutting my own postcards to paint on.  I'm using Strathmore Series 400 Acrylic paper, which comes in 6 x 12 inch pads.  I get three 4 x 6 cards from each sheet.  I love this particular paper, although all the other painting I've been doing on paper has been on watercolor paper.  The acrylic paper is 246# (400gsm) and it always stays flat after painting.  I also like the woven texture on the surface.  I have a pad of 18 x 24 sheets of this, but haven't used it yet.

I've been trying out different watercolor papers for acrylic painting.  All have been 140# hot press.  I've used Fabriano Artistico, Saunders Waterford and Canson Edition.  Sometime soon I'll use a piece of each at the same time so I can decide which I like best.  For now, though, each has been wonderful to work on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment