End of June Report

This is a work in progress, basted yesterday -- so you see, there are signs of life emanating from my studio!  In fact, I have another piece basted and two in design as we speak.  One or another of those will likely be my entry for Fiberactions' "departure" challenge, to be revealed on July 15.

The update on my back/shoulder problem is that the culprit was repetitive motion injuries in my upper back, which periodically also has taken a large toll on my wrists, hands and forearms.  The typical syndrome.  Anyhow, 40 years of doing office/computer work for a living, and considering all the close handwork I've done for that same period of time plus very intensive gardening for a few years...and this is what you get ~ back, shoulder, arm and hands that don't work right.

So I quit my job!  Just cleaning up some loose ends there, training my replacement a few hours this week and next, and my worklife is OVER.  And since I came to the decision to do this, my body has begun to feel better.  That, plus training my left hand to do as much as it can do.  The relief, though, of not having the constant stress of a job and all that it entails, has begun to free my soul as well.

Talk soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment