Early June Update

Thought it was time for an update on what I've been up to for the past couple weeks...

I'm still having problems with my back ~ more specifically, my right upper back/shoulder/right arm.  After several chiropractic adjustments and an acupuncture treatment, I start in with physical therapy yesterday.  Apparently the problems originate in the scalene muscles of my neck.  So at least for the rest of June, I've got two physical therapy appointments scheduled each week.  I'm working with a P.T. who's a good friend, someone I used to work with when I was administrator of the very place he works, and I trust him completely.  The long haul continues.

I gave my introduction to shibori workshop last weekend, in my studio to one student, and it went really well.  We had fun, she learned tons, never having dyed before, and went home with a stack of gorgeous fabric and numerous good ideas for how to use it.  The weekend totally exhausted me, however.  I knew it would, but I wanted to get it out of the way so I have no major energy output committed to much of anything for at least a couple months.

Even the collage-making has slowed down a bit, although I hope to regroup here this coming weekend.  Glad to say I have stacks of fabric out on my worktable and have begun blocking out some new quilts.  I have a bunch of ideas for Fiberactions' "departure" challenge, and I hope to be able to have something completed by the reveal date on July 15.

Thanks for your faithful readership during these days of lessened art production on my part.  Hope June is being kind to you.  The weather's still been poopy on the North Coast, but at least is seems to have stopped raining!

0 comments:

Post a Comment