Simplify, Simplify

Art Journal page, March 2014, 9 x 9 inches
Earlier this week I had the startling realization that I've been subtly stressing myself out by feeling the need to blog six, or lately seven days a week.  This has been going on for well over a year, and possibly two or three years.  The need originally began as a want, but I know it was really motivated by some internal competitive mechanism within me that has morphed over the years, but still alive and well nonetheless.

All that to say, I'll be posting less often here.  Which means I don't have to keep myself on a virtual treadmill of creating in order to have stuff to post.

I've also cut way back on Facebook, for largely the same reasons as above.  I've shifted into this phase, and perhaps it's just one of the many blessings of aging, where I don't need the acknowledgement or the approval to just live my life and be who I am.  This is a good thing indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment