The Duomo

My next 12x12" piece, completed today -- Il Duomo, Firenze. This, too, will go on a stretched canvas. I think this and the last piece are the start of an Italian image series.

I spent most of the holiday weekend in studio down time...meaning I rested a lot, read, napped, and generally felt unmotivated. At least I know, now, that these relatively fallow times are just moments between my usual productive activity, and not a trend I need to be concerned about.

Fiberactions
' latest quilt challenge, to be revealed July 15, is memory, and I've been working on it in the back of my mind for a couple of weeks. I've begun to put a few ideas down on paper thus far. I really enjoy the process of producing these group challenge quilts, because I like the way I work on these types of things. The theme presents itself to me amorphously, step by step it becomes concrete and I play with different possibilities at articulating it in fabric, then eventually it materializes into a finished piece.

I'm working on other projects as well but haven't felt much like talking these days. I'm just doing the work that's in front of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment