Under Construction

This is the back of the next quilt I'm working on, this one is also undergoing a beading treatment on the front. I quilted and finished it today, and started adding beads.

The fabric here is a piece of black cotton that already had the white squares on it. Actually the squares were batiked and the fabric dyed black, and I purchased it like that. Then I discharged it, probably about 18 months ago.

I decided recently to start using my best loved fabrics -- after all, what the heck am I saving them for if not to use to create cool quilts? What better time is there than the present? If I hang on to the best stuff for too long, it's hard to justify making more wonderful fabric. So what I've been using recently are some of my favorite discharged pieces.

I'll post the finished piece before the end of the week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment