Beyond Boundaries

That's the name of this new piece, Beyond Boundaries, finished just this morning. The discharged fabric on top was from my very first discharge session. Both the top and bottom pieces are linen, the rest is cotton.

The digital image(s) were printed on Osnaburg again -- I like that stuff for digital imagery. The photo is of a roll of big, heavy landscape mesh -- kinda like construction fencing but much less rigid -- in the corner of my deck at my place in Eureka, looking out through corrugated clear vinyl siding. I've always loved the image.

There were nice fringed edges on the two pieces of linen, so I left the top and bottom edges out over the turned in backing. And covered the edges with backing on the sides. I like letting the fabric dictate the edging just like I prefer to let the fabric dictate what kind of quilting I do on most of my pieces.

The beads aren't too obvious in the big photo above, nor is the copper metallic thread I used on the areas that were subsequently beaded. This all shows up better in the flesh. I've really been enjoying adding beads to the recent quilts...it's a very meditative process, one tiny bead at a time.

Planning to get the 3rd quilt finished this weekend for my deadline next Tuesday. Plus a few other things that will be part of that package -- I'm writing another article for publication late this year and need to get a bunch of work off to be photographed.

And tomorrow I'll finally be seeing Toy Story 3!

0 comments:

Post a Comment