Two More Collages

Saturday's and Sunday's Sketchbook collages...

Yesterday Jan and I collaged for a bit, then prepped fabric for shibori on Tuesday. We also spent a lot of time looking at the art I've been creating for most of the 20 years since we'd seen each other previously. It was wonderful -- I had forgotten how much we have in common creatively, and it's been a very long time since I've shared my work with a friend in such depth and breadth.

Today I gave Jan a tour of quilt shops on the North Coast and I don't think either of us left any of them emptyhanded. We also stopped at The Art Center, our locally owned art supply store, which, sadly, is closing their Eureka store by the end of this week. Fortunate for us, though, everything in the store was on sale at 50% off. So we got a lot of cool things neither of us would have bought otherwise. There's nothing like a dose of retail therapy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment