Verdure

I've really been into these lush greens lately! Just finished this 12x12" piece, called Verdure, which is going right on a stretched canvas frame.

God, I'm tired of all the rain we've been having on the North Coast. The weekend is supposed to be nice, then a chance of rain again next week. Next week is June! Enough, already!

North Coast Open Studios is happening the first two weekends in June -- the 5th & 6th, and the 12th & 13th -- and my studio will be open to the public from 11-5 those days. If you're in Humboldt County and you're not already a Friend of mine on Facebook, email me and I'll make sure you get an invitation next week. I spent some time this week going through all the art I have sale, and I've got a huge selection -- likely 40 or more art quilt pieces, 3 trays of jewelry, hand dyed fabrics, and more.

In truth, I am "unofficially" doing Open Studios...meaning, I didn't decide early enough to make it into the guidebook or on NCOS' website. But I'm always in the studio on Saturdays and Sundays anyway, I have a huge selection of art at better-than-anywhere-else prices, I'll be notifying local friends by email next week, I'll have refreshments, and you're welcome to come on down to Fortuna and see me.

I've been thinking about the fact that it's been two months since I let go of those numerous monthly artmaking challenges I set out for myself this year. You know what? I haven't been any less productive -- I'm still completing 7 or 8 pieces a month (albeit small), I've done a lot more surface design than it seemed I had time to do in the first 3 months of this year, and I like what I'm doing a whole lot more! And for now, I've kind of settled into incorporating digital images into my art quilts...which WAS on my vision plan for the year anyway. Guess I had to get that other stuff out of the way first -- the collage image-based quilts, the quilts inspired by digital images but not including them -- to get here.

The thing is, I absolutely love putting fabrics together, and I love digital imagery on fabric. Seems like a marriage made in heaven. So I plan to carry on in this vein for a while.

0 comments:

Post a Comment