Convergence Revealed

Today is reveal day for Fiberactions' convergence-themed challenge, and here's my finished piece.

From the start I had this idea of somehow representing two colors or two elements that flowed together to join in the middle. I created three study pieces trying out different ways to articulate the idea, and posted those three attempts late last month. The last of the three, the one closest to the bottom of the post, was the precursor to the final piece, which I've titled Where Heaven Meets Earth. Sky coming down to the horizon, earth going up, meeting in the middle.

All the fabrics were hand dyed, painted or shiboried. I decided to keep the quilting really simple -- lines that look like strata -- and then beaded along the stitching lines on the interstitial fabrics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment