Gardening and Quilting

I spent the weekend working on two quilt pieces -- this one here, Jade, and a 10x10" framed piece that I am sending off to an online buddy for a one-on-one exchange we're doing. The latter I'll upload after she's received it, later this month.

Jade is made from recently shiboried fabrics -- the darker green around the edge is that loose woven cotton scarf I dyed and shiboried a couple times -- a small piece printed with a newly cut stamp, and a digital image of one of my collages. It's an intriguing piece and I really like it.

I also spent some time today gardening in the little bed outside our mobile. When I moved in last year, I turned an area covered with cinder rock into a little ornamental garden. Here it is a year later, with a couple of replacement plants just put in today. It was wonderful to work in the soil...my back can't handle more than an hour or so anymore these days, though.

Kirby is finally getting his promised quilt -- I finished the top today and plan to have it completed by mid week. There are also more quilts focusing on digital images coming up. I'm totally enjoying making these, especially the unusual combinations of fabric I've been putting together lately!

0 comments:

Post a Comment