August

This is weekly quilt 33/52.2009 ~ Strange Magic. Some backstory -- the name Strange Magic came to me when as soon as I dove into my scrap basket earlier this week, ELO's "Strange Magic" started playing in my head. And it hasn't stopped! And that's how some quilts are named.

This is also my August quilt. The backstory on that is that the overall color tone of the piece says to me that it's still summer but it has a foot in autumn.

And speaking of August, it sure looks like we're finally having a bit of summer here on the North Coast. Today is another beautiful day, right from the get go. Finally, my friend Colette and I will get to take our little adventure today, out to the mouth of the Eel River, as far as we can get anyway. And maybe a walk in the Wildlife Refuge if time and our energy permit.

And being in new places means more photos for my Textural Images blog, which is always a good thing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment