Moving On...

The spinning project that wouldn't end finally did, last night. I have 3240 yards of sparkling white silk spun from silk caps, enough to actually weave a piece of fabric with, if I'm so inclined. We'll see what I do with that!


Meanwhile, I've started the next spinning project, some gorgeous topaz bamboo top (shown above) that I'm spinning into singles, that I will then weave into something along with two yarns I previously spun. These two yarns, below, are bamboo on the left and tussah silk on the right, both dyed with natural dyes. I'm not particularly happy with way the colors turned out, both rather dull, so I'm going to overdye them both with madder to perk them up. That's one of my projects this weekend. I'll post a photo of the overdyed yarns when they're done.

For now, though, I need to get my day going. Friday is my favorite day of the week, and this one will be a good one. More later...

One more thing, though, if you're interested in some of the wonderful dyed bamboo, I have four colors available at my Etsy store -- topaz, Egyptian red, malachite and heliotrope. Bamboo is a fabulous top to spin, I hope you'll try it for yourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment