Addicted to Stamps

Hand cut linoleum stampsI am SO enjoying cutting stamps! Something that's so cool about it is that store-bought stamps are really expensive and it would cost a fortune to have a good selection of them. So cutting them myself is a much better deal. Plus, the store-bought ones, although I adore so many of them, are really too detailed to use well on textiles. So making my own is definitely the way to go.

I dyed a small piece of raw silk the other day and experimented with salt on the dye -- which looked pretty okay until I steam set the dyes. Then the salty areas fairly well took the color out. No matter, I didn't like the color anyway and just discharged the entire piece this morning! I'm hand stitching it for shibori and have several ideas in mind for dyeing after the piece is gathered.

I'm going to a re-wedding this afternoon, some friends renewing their vows on their 50th anniversary. How cool is that!

Anyhow, I'm off to weave for a while. Have a good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment