Seriously Beautiful

Watery warp painted silkI love these watery greens and teals! Just off the loom, washed and finished, ready for the shibori step. I already have this piece named, but want to see how it turns out in the end. Looking forward to working on it.

And here's the ikat warp painted piece. Gorgeous silk in to-dye-for colors. I think what I like best about this piece is that there are "flaws" in it -- painting boo-boos, a few threads in the middle on the left that got misplaced during painting so they're out of sequence with the other threads in that stripe. I'm finding that my so-called mistakes, which are really serendipitious occurrences, spark ideas for things I want to do on future pieces. How interesting! Mostly I'm liking that I'm giving myself permission to be human, not letting these imperfections stand in the way of my forging ahead.

Ikat painted warp silk weaving The very best part is that I love warp painting, love the finished fabric, love weaving painted warps, and there's most definitely a lot more of it in my future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment