Another Fortuitous Mind-Change

Discharged warp cotton in network twill patternI started working on this yesterday, at the same time as I was having a Yard Sale that turned out to be a bust. It had rained Friday night, and although every day this past week, including today, has been beautiful in the morning, yesterday it was wet, cold and windy. So my Yard Sale became a Porch Sale, and my loom is in the front room just inside the house so I could watch the porch while I dove into this piece!

I wove up a few inches with the painted silk weft I had intended to use, but I didn't like how it looked. That piece was going to be plain weave (tabby), as well. So I started over with black cotton for the weft, and now weaving the network twill that the warp is threaded for. I'm really happy with it, it's going to be a beautiful piece of cotton fabric to work with.

The second piece, which was going to be black tencel on black cotton, instead will be the painted weft on black cotton, and treadled differently to create a network pattern distinct from the current one.

My black on black piece will just have to wait for another time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment