Just Another Creative Day In Paradise

Handwoven art cloth in process Thiox discharged black commercial fabricsI took the next step today on a handwoven piece I started a couple months back -- that's the first image. It's cotton and tencel on which I did loom-controlled mokume, to look like it was handstitched shibori. After weaving, I painted it, gathered the shibori threads, then discharged it with bleach. Yesterday I pole wrapped the piece for arashi shibori, and today I discharged it again, this time with thiox.

And while I had the thiox pot going, I discharged another few pieces of fabric to use in art quilts -- that's the second image.

I'm kicking around a few ideas to finish off the handwoven piece, which is intended to be art cloth. Hoping to have it completed in the next few days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment