3/52.2009 "Weathered Wall"

And here's the third piece in my weekly quilt series. I've decided on sticking to the 10 x 10 inch format, and will probably add another binding around the first piece to make it conform to this size specification (that first one is 9 x 9" as that was my original intention for the series).

Anyway, this quilt is a wholecloth piece of handprinted fabric -- printed with two different deconstructed screens -- backed and bound by a commercial batik fabric.

Like Jeanne Williamson (and many other quilters), I'm a grid junkie. Along with construction fencing and landscape mesh, my favorite thing to use for printing small grid designs is foam rug-hooking backing. That's what the template was in the piece above. It's like gi-normous needlepoint canvas.

This is being a very productive week for me, and there are still days left. My creative soul feels afire and free!

0 comments:

Post a Comment