Back In Business

After a challenging few days without a sewing machine, I'm back in business with a brand new backup machine -- my luck, my Bernina will never have problems again!

Anywho, this piece, Autumn's End (#47.09), is a small section of one of the half yards I dyed not long ago during that Gallon Jar Dye session I attended. And I really just wanted to quilt a piece of it without anything else added.

I like the new Singer Confidence Quilter -- although the free motion embroidery foot that came with it was nearly impossible to quilt with, because I couldn't see where I was going. I had to intuit most of the stitching because the foot itself was in the way of my view of where I wanted to go next. Well, I bought a different foot later today so hopefully my quilting this weekend will be more to my liking. But I can't wait to get my Bernina back!

I've got a few projects to finish up this weekend...I feel like I've fallen behind!

In other news, late last year I participated in a cool multi-artist blog started by painter Tracy Helgeson, and it's all been updated this year with new work by all the artists. Check out The Fine Art Department. We've also got a Facebook Page with links and galleries of all our work. Check them both out, see what wonderful company I'm in!

Have a wonderful pre-Thanksgiving weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment