Fields Of Dreams

At long last, Fields Of Dreams is complete! How many thousands of beads later, I'm not sure. The entire surface was embellished with size 11 seed beads, with a few 6s and 8s thrown in. Once I added beads to one section, I couldn't not bead the entire thing. But it's likely I won't do that again real soon!

The rusty areas became pumpkin patches, although they weren't that in the original photograph. The pumpkins, though, lead me to give this quilt a second name, Victoria's Garden. My best friend, Vicky, grows amazing organic gardens every year, and her husband used to raise and enter competitions with giant pumpkins. So this piece is an homage to their nearly-complete food sustainability.

And speaking of pumpkins, I have a sweet potato pie in the oven as I write this ~ even better than homemade pumpkin pie IMO. Interesting that I've been baking pies for the past couple months, three of them so far, anyway. I guess it's early-onset holiday season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment