Return of the Light

Goddess of Light, weekly quilt from December 2009
Wishing you all a very happy holiday weekend and season, whatever it is you celebrate.  More than anything else, for me this time of year heralds the return of the light, the sun on its way back toward the summer solstice.  I don't do "the Christmas thing" in any way, shape or form, and haven't for many years.  Being on my own without family (of origin) any longer gives me immense freedom during the holidays.  I feel fortunate to not have to play into all the trappings of the season.

I'm just about finished with a big hand quilted piece, but I won't post images until January 15 because the quilt is one of two I'm doing for Fiberactions' current color challenge.  The second piece is primarily machine quilted, and it's ready to go so I'll move on to it next.

There's not too much else going on in my studio right now.  I have a few pieces under consideration on the design wall.  Other than that, I'm letting 2011 wind down without feeling rushed or compelled to decide now what I want to create in 2012.  I'll let it all unfold in its own way.

Love and blessings to all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment