What's it all about, Alfie?

This is a new handstitched quilt I'm working on.  I've only got one line of stitching in it, down the middle.  Unfortunately, my wrists have really been bothering me, so I expect this piece to be slow coming to fruition.  It's not large, about 20x15 inches.  Still, a lot of hand quilting recently is taking its toll.

Last week I completed my second piece for the Fiberactions challenge.  Look for the reveal this Sunday, January 15.

I'm not sure what I'm up to creatively, otherwise, at the moment.  Seems like a good time to rest my hands while something develops.  I'm still in this place of no thrust, have no overall sense of what "my work" is.  Different than "my voice," which I am watching develop over time.

By turns I am overwhelmed with possibilities, yet feel no deep compulsion to move in any direction.  So here I be, piddling along, waiting for a burst of inspiration.

And see, in the end it doesn't matter.  I don't mean that in the sense of being resigned or fatalistic in any way.  It's just that it's the truth.  I find myself grappling with this thing called motivation, and I'm completely unclear about where it comes from and whether or not I even need it...in life in general, at this point in my life, whatever.  I'm still recovering from a lifetime of haveto's and should's. 

Getting awfully philosophical here, so I'll stop.  Have a good week. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment