Image That

My latest mixed media painting ~ 8x10 on canvas panel.  I'm loving this one. 

I hate to waste paint.  Anything left on my palette gets scraped or painted onto a waiting blank substrate.  I use the same piece over and over again until the background is to my liking.  Then I'll build a painting on top of that.  That's how this piece began.  The written scraps are a torn magazine page. 

The building images are magazine photos printed on tissue paper, then adhered to the substrate.  This has quickly become a favorite way to get images onto substrates ~ after all that experimenting with image transfer, I'm liking tissue paper prints the best.  And, as you can see above, when the print is light in color, it is very transparent.  The turquoise areas on the center image are from the substrate behind it.

I'm also playing around with ink jet images printed on plain paper.  Above are two pages from NatGeo copied onto printer paper, then spritzed with water to soften the color.  I also used salt on these prints.  Dye-based ink is dye nonetheless and will react to salt like any other dye.

These are the backsides of the two prints above.  Also awesome.  I almost couldn't decide which ones to use in my art journal.

The 1000-Post Giveaway is coming!  I'll write about it later this week along with an image of the quilt I'll be giving away to the lucky winner.  The actual 1000th post will be next Friday, June 22.  Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment