Getting Organized

Today I set about organizing the new art supplies I bought recently, and gathering stuff I've had for a while that I want to work with now. I also reorganized all my dyes and assists, by dye class (acid, natural, fiber reactive), have all my discharge and thickening supplies in one place now, and can pretty much lay my hands on whatever I'll need to do what I want to do. This evening I started tinkering around with stamps that I'm creating to use on fabric.

Yesterday I bought some beautiful natural fiber yardage on sale -- a wonderful natural colored cotton, black linen, two different pieces of linen/rayon, and some black cotton gauze. Although I'm wanting to do surface design on my own handwoven fabrics, I just can't weave it fast enough. So I'll practice and hone techniques on store-bought stuff.

I've been getting a lot done and it feels good. I submitted a proposal today for an exhibition at a local gallery, sometime next year. I submitted images to three national competitions in the past week. I entered five finished pieces and 26 skeins of yarn to the Humboldt County Fair, which will be held from August 7th through the 17th. I've only got three or four more rows on my crocheted afghan, and it'll be finished (!), in time to deliver it to the Fair on August 1. I haven't let myself spin all week so I can invest all that time in completing this project. I'll definitely post a photo when it's done. And yes, it will be six feet by six feet square!

0 comments:

Post a Comment