Weave On

The weaving on this new piece is coming along fine, despite my anticipatory concerns. Here's a photo of the first 20 or so inches.

Painted warp being wovenThe photo is at kind of a weird angle because I took it of the finished cloth on its way onto the cloth beam. The weaving space where I'm working is fairly shallow for this width of warp because I'm winding onto the cloth beam every couple inches or so. So it doesn't look like there's very much done up top.

I also finished spinning the tussah silk today, that "matches" this weaving, and have close to 400 yards of singles -- now one of many skeins of hand dyed, handspun silk I'm entering into the Humboldt County Fair this year.

Hand dyed, handspun tussah silk

I'm calling this colorway Tortiseshell and hopefully I'll get back around to more of it someday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment