Oh My God! ~ Part 2

I finished organizing and arranging the studio today, and even did a collage before I went home for supper.

This is part of the scene when you walk in the front door. It's my little living/relaxing area, and I can spend the night here when I want to. The only books in the bookshelves here are art books -- everything else is at home.

This is the view from the microwave cart in the first photo, looking back toward the front door. What you're looking at are shelves I put in under the six foot dyeing/wet work table.

Here you're walking from the kitchen/living area into the main studio room. I have my sewing machine set up by another door, which I will not be using. You'll see another view of the sewing area in a moment. Finished art cloth is hanging over a rod on the door going into the studio.

Here's my 7 foot by 3 foot studio table, with shelves at the back and along the adjacent wall.

At left is the north facing window wall in the main studio. Big table is to the right of the photo. This view looks into the closet area. There are built-in shelves on the left before you get to the closet, plus a little alcove in front of the closet. The bathroom is to the right of the closet. Although I didn't take photos of the bathroom, it's rather neat in its own right, and I've got a couple of narrow shelving units in there, plus favorite paintings on the walls.

This view is looking back into the studio from the closet. Here's a better look at my sewing area, with the design wall right over the machine. Two of those fabrics you see are from the shibori workshop in Eugene ten days ago or so.

And another view of the studio table on the way back into the front room.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Actually, I saw it just this way in my mind's eye, so it was merely a matter of putting it together one step at a time. It's comfortably roomy, not cramped as I'd feared, and I've got more than adequate storage for my projects.

Now, to make art!

0 comments:

Post a Comment