Buona Sera

The second quilt glorifying that late afternoon sun on Lake Como...called Buona Sera (Italian for good evening). And entirely of discharged fabrics, cotton, linen and raw silk.

You can see my quilted signature at the bottom of the lower image. I finally began signing my quilts a couple of months ago, although on some pieces I simply forgot! So it's a habit I'm trying to get into (preposition in the wrong place, notwithstanding).

Off to work today for another 2-day week. My normal work weeks are only 3 days so I have no complaints...an extra day off is always a blessing, though. I'm finishing up 3 yards of rusted silk charmeuse this morning. Will write another post about rusting before the end of the week, as I've learned a few things in making this big piece on commission.

0 comments:

Post a Comment