Calling All Angels

Ahh, the end of this year's weekly quilt challenge, and a wonderful sense of completion...but wait, there will be another quilt for this week, in a day or two, with another iteration of the same angel. This one, number 52/09, is called My Guardian Angels.

The story behind the making of it (there's always a story, isn't there?) is that I found this cool angel painting in a magazine not long ago and I scanned it into my computer. I'd been wanting to work with sheer fabric for a while and printing these angels was just the thing to get me started. The angel on the left is thin cotton muslin, the middle one is silk organza, and the one on the right is silk habotai.

I fused the images onto the background fabric and added Lumiere with handcut stamps. I particularly like the lotus pod stamp I made a while ago. And then I sewed beads on. I love this little piece, will hang it high in my studio somewhere so the angels can watch over me.

The second piece for this week has one digital image of the angel and I'm looking forward to finishing it off. Working with sheers was wonderful, I'd like to do a lot more with them as my work evolves.

This morning I finished all the quilting on my latest collage quilt. I think I like it best from this series. And I've got the second Lake Como quilt about ready to put together.

Wishing everyone a lovely holiday this weekend -- safe, happy, warm, healthy, full of peace, love and joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment