Deep Communication

Fiberactions' second reveal day is today, and our theme this time has been Communication. The theme immediately brought to mind the written word, hieroglyphics, coded messages, rune stones and other forms of divination. Spiritually speaking, whatever we need to know about anything is right in front of us or around us. Everything speaks to us metaphorically. My quilt, Read Between the Lines, represents how our individual world communicates deeply with each of us.

All of the fabrics have been handprinted or painted or deconstructed screen printed. I used Paintstix on some of the fabric as well. The central images are the same digital print, once on linen and once on tea-stained silk organza.

This is the piece that a while ago I referred to as "probably my best quilt to date," and I still think that. I really enjoyed working with these colors and fabrics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment