Sparkle

This piece is my second collage quilt for March, entitled Sparkling Sands. The name comes from those areas of white with circles, fabric that I painted with gesso and glitter a few weeks back. After the piece was finished, I used iridescent blender Paintstix on the circles.

The images were sample prints for a project I did last year. They really were too light for my taste but worked perfectly with these softer colored fabrics (which I've used a lot of, this month).

In keeping with changing directions, you won't be seeing the original collages any longer. They merely serve as starting points for these quilts. I'm not trying to replicate them in fabric, so it isn't necessary to show how close (or not) I got to the original.

I'm not working today so I have a free day, an unplanned for day. I slept late -- it's 9:00 right now -- and soon I'll get to the studio and start working on NEW THINGS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment