Cottonwood Summer

This is Cottonwood Summer, 26 x 17 inches, completed today.

Both this piece and its mate, Late Spring, look much better in the flesh than they do photographed.  But so be it.

After a lovely birthday dinner last night with a girlfriend, I watched The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, which I think I liked the best of the Stieg Larsson trilogy -- probably because of the sense of closure it gave.

I also have a new favorite actor, Noomi Rapace -- if you haven't Googled her to see who she might be in real life, check out these images.  She's quite a lovely woman. 

Tomorrow I'm planning to add facings to three quilts completed over the last six months, to give them more ballast so they hang better.  These are pieces where I preserved the raw edge of the fabric on the edges of the quilt, by turning the backing toward the front and over the batting, and then stitching or fusing the edge of the quilt top down onto that. 

What I plan to do tomorrow is hand stitch finished strips about 2" wide right near the edges of the quilt on the back.  I'll have to take the sleeves off first but that won't be a problem.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment