Book News

On Saturday, August 10, I'll be teaching an ALTERED BOOK/RECYCLED JOURNAL workshop for NorBAG, my local book arts guild.  The six-hour workshop will cover deconstructing a old book, renovating the spine, building signatures with unusual papers and sizes, and binding the new journal with the Diamond X stitch.

If you're local to me, i.e. in Humboldt County or close, and you'd like to take the workshop, you'll need to join NorBAG (just $15 a year) in order to do so.  The workshop itself is $45.  Contact me for more information.

Also happening in Humboldt, many of my handmade journals are now on display at the Eureka Main Branch of the Humboldt County Library, in the NorBAG kiosk.  The display will be up through mid-September or thereabouts.  If you're in Humboldt, or traveling through over the next couple months, I hope you'll get a chance to see them.  Library hours are:  Tuesday 12 - 5pm; Wednesday 12 - 9pm; and Thursday - Saturday 10am - 5pm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment