Breaking the Rules

I broke the "dyeing rules" yesterday, when I dyed tencel and bamboo, both cellulose fibers, with acid dyes normally used for protein fibers. But I like to experiment. Here are the results:

The bamboo is on the left, tencel on the right. I used color at about DOS 2 (depth of shade), which is normally medium dark, and I steamed the fiber for longer than I usually do with protein fibers. The cellulose fibers did not take up the dye all that well, nevertheless I am happy with the results. I would call this colorway Abalone. I'll post the yarn after it's been spun up.

I just shot a video home tour this morning, but it's quite a large file and I'm having problems uploading it (have tried Google, Yahoo, Flickr and Blogger!). As soon as I get my technical difficulties resolved, I'll upload it for your viewing enjoyment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment