New Stuff & Old Stuff

I just got a cell phone over the weekend...my first. I'm definitely a laggard with technology. I know a lot about computers but nothing about cell phones. It isn't something I ever thought I'd need or want, and it remains to be seen how much I'll use it. But it is being fun, and keeping me more connected with Scotty. Besides, texting is cool!

The old stuff are these knitted swatches I ran across the other day when I was reorganizing my studio. You might recognize the two handspun silk yarns -- one bombyx, the other tussah -- that I showed off in those crocheted doilies I posted a few weeks ago.

Leaf pattern bombyx silk knitted swatchArch pattern tussah silk knitted swatch

I thought both of these yarns would be ideal to knit something light and lacy, like a camisole. I've just never gotten around to it, and it's not high on my list of priorities at this point. The swatches were tons of fun, though.

I'm having a semi-productive day today...Mondays are always a little disorienting, getting back into my week day rhythm. So I think I'll go do something else while my energy is up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment