Texture & Color Revisited

Reflection in glassI'm no mandala maker, but I do love to tinker with images in Photoshop. This photo is a reflection on and through a corrugated glass cabinet door. Here's another one:

Reflection in glass

This next photo is of bark on a very mature apple tree.

Apple tree bark

How I love texture and color!

I started a new set of weavings today, in a turned taquete structure, something I've not done before. I'm greatly inspired and enchanted by Bonnie Inouye's weavings, and this weave structure is something she has used to great success. Although I've got a head full of ideas for other, new directions to move into with my textiles -- doing more of what I would now call Art Cloth -- I'm still wanting to try more traditional structures and designs I haven't gotten to yet in my rather brief weaving career.

I'll post an image tomorrow of what I've done thus far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment