More Awards & Exhibitions

If you're a regular reader here you may have noticed that I recently added two new exhibitions to my list, just to the right here, of upcoming events where my work can be seen and purchased. The two newly added ones are the Blue Ridge Handweaving Show, October 6 - 31 in Asheville, North Carolina, and the Southern Appalachian Artist Guild National Juried Show, October 18 - November 14 in Blue Ridge, Georgia. I'm totally stoked -- one show happening as we speak and three more coming up in the next two months. I'm really glad to have opportunities to get my work to audiences around the country, in the flesh so to speak. And especially delighted to have two pieces going to Asheville, because it is such a hotbed of artistic talent in the U.S.

I also received a phone call yesterday informing me that I am one of the recipients this year of a local, Humboldt County grant for women artists. Wow!

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. All this acknowledgement lets me know I'm on the right path, doing what I'm supposed to be doing. It's very encouraging. I definitely need to update my artist resume!

0 comments:

Post a Comment