Third Time's The Charm

Discharged and overdyed raw silkThis is the piece of black raw silk I started fooling around with yesterday...this morning I retied it and stuck it in a pot of thiox for about an hour. After unwrapping it and neutralizing it in vinegar, I didn't like it that much -- there was still too much black in it! So I dunked the whole piece in the thiox and let it sit for a few minutes, neutralized and finished it off, and then I REALLY didn't like it! The whole piece was those undercolors you see above -- light denim blue and tan. Not what I was trying to do, at all.

So -- this afternoon I overpainted it with black acid dye, steamed it, washed and dryed it, and now I love it! In fact, I like it better than the front side of the little quilt!

Anyway, the moral of the story is: Keep working it...if you don't like it, work it til you do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment