Next In Line

Undulating twillI wove 45" on the pumpkin undulating twill piece from a couple posts ago, then changed the tie-up and the treadling and am weaving this up now. The weft is a natural colored 8/2 silk noil yarn. It looks in the photo like there are shibori wefts but there aren't. This one is working up to have a nubby texture and I'm thinking about some surface design ideas as I'm working on it.

Today is the First Day of Fall! I'm always happy when fall gets here. I'm in the mood for it, besides. Today was kind of a pivot day. I taught a 2-day class over the weekend, which, as much as I enjoy that, is always a distraction from thinking about and making art. So today I took care of some business and did little chores around the place. Tomorrow I'm hoping to refocus and get back on track, start completing projects that have been in process for a while, etc. I have few responsibilities for the next little while and I want to devote this "free" time to art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment