Aquarelle

Aquarelle, weekly art quilt This week's quilt, produced from start to finish yesterday -- #11/52.2009 ~ "Aquarelle." This was one of my very first pieces of hand painted fabric and I can't really remember what all I did with it. I think I might have made a gelatin print or otherwise printed with fiber reactive dyes that were too weak (this was my first try with fiber reactives), so I stamped and overpainted it with textile paint. And I think I might have added too much water to the paint, which caused the bleeding around the squares. But I really like the watercolor effect -- hence the name Aquarelle. And I'd always imagined it as a little quilt, so here it is!

I've been up since well before the crack of dawn this morning. One of those nights where I didn't sleep past about 2:30. I had a lot of energy, so I read for a while, then turned out the light and tossed and turned for a bit, then got up at 4:45! I can always nap later. I do like getting up and going when my body wants to. In the hour and a half that I've been up, I've packed a few things, ironed a sheet of fabric that I soaked in Bubble Jet Set last night for quilt labels, printed, cut and sewed on said label, and got materials together for a small quilt show in Ventura County that I'm entering. Oh yeah, I also finished gathering up a huge handwoven piece for shibori, and I plan to dye it today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment