Friday the 13th, v.2

I wonder when the last time was that February 13 and then March 13 occurred on a Friday...if anybody out there knows, please educate me. If the year was a Leap Year, then the equation wouldn't apply. Anyway, just my internal ramblings this morning on interesting alignments in time.

The first image is a photo of a recent morning journal page of mine. I just loved this one, especially the mandala by Sue O'Kieffe, which totally brings the collage to life.

The second photo I took a while ago and it's been sitting in my upload folder ~ a still life, as it were, one of my work tables in my soon-to-be-former studio.

Both the images were tweaked in Photoshop. Besides tinkering with Hue and Saturation, my favorite filters are Grain, Watercolor and Poster Edges. There's also Posterize, which is slightly different from Poster Edges but also gives some great effects. If you read my image blog, Textural Images, you know that I love pushing the envelope with all these effects, often turning the original image into something completely different. Or something that could carry its own weight in another application ~ like inspiration for a quilt, or a weaving draft if you've got a Jacquard loom (Alice, are you reading this?), or spawning another digital image to print to fabric for one or another eventual use.

Have a good day, and do something creative!

0 comments:

Post a Comment